Lebanon

Lebanon

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Introduction

  My name is Rima, and I'm originally from Lebanon which is very small country that sits on the beautiful Mediterranean sea.I'm a third year student at the University of Alberta,located in Edmonton,Alberta.I'm currently working towards my Bachelor of Science majoring in Nutrition and Food Sciences hoping to become a Registered Dietician.My interest in nutrition originated from viewing many people in our culture with a lack of knowledge about healthy eating,including myself at one point of time.I am willing to help and educate people about being a healthy individual.
  I believe that communication plays a major role in our lives today especially that our world is using social media tools more every day.Communication plays a very important role in my career.As a health educator,I would have to interact with people from different cultures and various ages.As an example,if I was to educate children at a school about how unhealthy carbonated beverages are,I would have to explain it to them in a simple way in order to them to understand the objective of my presentation.Just as a fellow student included in her blog we need to learn "how to dumb down what we've learned so that just about anyone can take our knowledge and apply it".(http://ales204ct.blogspot.com/ ).
  As a health educator to appropriately complete my tasks I would have to learn how to communicate with people in a professional way in person and through social media tools like websites,Facebook page and blogs.A page on Facebook for a registered dietician caught my eye last week ( http://www.facebook.com/roubaelasmarofficial?sk=photos ).This young lady is advertising her clinic,and many people know about her clinic today because she asked a celebrity to post a link to her page. Having such communication skills in social media and in person can open up job opportunities.




  
(http://static.flickr.com/44/107618552_63559c5d2f.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment